Technical assistance in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in East Timor
1. SCOPE OF WORK
The institute/organisation/firm/individual will undertake the following tasks:
• Develop practical and theory test to analyze the initial knowledge in ICT of SEPI and PyD staff involved in the action.
• Develop a specific material and document to carry out the trainings.
• Facilitate the trainings of SEPI’s and PyD staff.
• Construct the SEPI’s website with SEPI’s and PyD staff.
• Facilitate the teaching material to SEPI’s and PyD’s staff.
• Check continuously the knowledge of SEPI’s and PyD’s staff in ICT.
• Develop practical and theory test to analyze the final abilities of SEPI ‘s and PyD’s staff about the capacity of creation and management of a website.
• Support all the time during the technical assistance the SEPI’s and PyD’s staff.
• Complete a final report about all the teaching process.
2. DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT AND WORK PLACE
Duration: 02 months (starting from July 2011 to September 2011).
The training will be developing in SEPI’s office.
The trainings will be four days every week, from Tuesday to Friday, for a month. The training will last three hours every day.
3. FINAL PRODUCTS
One final report will be provided to discern the SEPI staff progress during the trainings time. All the teaching material must be provide one copy to Paz y Desarrollo (PyD) and one copy to the Secretary of State for the Promotion of Equality (SEPI).
The contents of the report should follow the contents structure below:
III. Teaching method
I. Analysis initial situation in SEPI staff
II. Material of trainings
III. System of continuously evaluation
IV. Analysis of final situation
III. Suggest follow up suggestions
4. CRITERIA OF TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
• Extensive experience in conducting trainings in Information and Communication Technology and in analysing the beneficiaries’ several needs.
• Proven experience in organizing trainings in Information and Communication Technology.
• Extensive experience in website construction.
• Good skills in the use of computer application programs needed to create a website: MySQL, PHP and Photoshop and other relevant programs.
• Excellent analysing capacity.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent pedagogical skill in order to teach the programs in very simple way.
• Speak tetum or Bahasa Indonesia.
5. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Interested technical assistants (individual or with team) must submit the curriculum vitas via email to Mr. Jose Vieira de Araujo: firstname.lastname@example.org and to Ms. Giulia Sensini: email@example.com.
Closing time for applications is on 21st, June, 2011.